Monday, September 24, 2007



My Beach

Have you ever been to a place that just takes your breath away? For me, I just have to take a fifteen-minute walk, and I’m there. To escape all problems, society, and worries of everyday life, I take a simple walk down to the coast of the Bering Strait Sea.
Why is it important you ask? I believe everybody needs a place that refreshes your mind, calms your spirit, excites the nerves and so you can feel the natural high: the high off of life. I believe everybody needs a time for recharging, refueling, and replenishing, no matter where that may be.
The crashing of the waves calms you, the peaceful communications of various types of birds makes you realize there is more to life than the hardships, the wind on your face and in your hair brings a sense of confidence and bravery, the sand in between your fingers reminds you of a dark winter night thinking “there cannot be more stars in the sky than there are grains of sand on the earth.” Nothing is better than to go to the beach on a cold autumn day when the fog is just settling and you can feel the moisture entering your lungs as you slowly inhale. It makes you feel as if it is cleaning out your inner self, releasing all your guilt’s and frustrations.
I believe everybody needs a place like this. No matter where you come from, the god you believe in, the way your mother bakes your favorite bread, or the clothes you wear. Everybody needs his or her beach.

No comments: